Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Variety of Subjects





This week I have been working on some photos for an upcoming issue of REPTILES magazine featuring Leopard geckos. It will be the fourth collaboration with herpetologist Foster (Chip) Reeves that we have had published in REPTILES, including the upcoming March issue feature here:

reptiles magazine

Chip raises and breeds many exotic reptiles and amphibians, which I get to learn about as I shoot. He is also one of many accomplished martial artists in the New River Valley, certified under Ajarn Chai and Dan Inosanto, and has been my Muay Thai boxing and Kali instructor for the past ten years. I did a series of photos several years ago with Chip and Guro Garry Patricio as Garry demonstrated techniques from his Filipino system. He is featured in the book

100 Filipino Martial Artists




Its a wonderful thing to be able to combine my interest in photography with the interests of so many great friends and to learn about their passions and pursuits.

Stay warm and safe out there in this strange January weather. Find a nice place in the light to sit.




No comments:

Post a Comment